Saturday 27 April 2013

Don’t become a puppet



Puppets are fun! Puppets tell us interesting stories with emotions. Sometimes they act about how you feel. You can see the puppets with different feelings like sadness, happiness, anger...etc. 

Recently I visited the Majaz Waterfront to see how the Puppet Festival was going on. It was a wonderful show, full of entertainment. 

There was a group of dancers who performed first. Their dances were superb. They performed breathtaking acts. After this, we had a workshop that had been organised for children. There they introduced us to the famous puppets.

They even showed us Pinocchio, the Hand Puppet and lots more. They also showed us how to make your own puppet and how to use them. The workshop went for half-an-hour. 

Then the main part came — the puppet show. The puppets were a full entertainment box for the audience. Everyone had a belly laugh. It was a story which expressed different feelings.

When I was heading home after the show, I met a few of my friends. We started discussing the show. One of them said, “Everybody is a puppet before God.” Another said, “Humans also like to act like puppeteers.”

I didn’t approve of the first idea. I believe that we live in this world with our will. God has just given us a guideline and a free will. It is up to us if we like to follow that guideline or not. We do what we will in the world so how can it be possible? 

But I agreed to the opinion that certain people like to act like puppeteers. They like to make others dance on their fingertips. Many people fall into the trap, although God has given a free will to everyone with a brain.

I remember the famous quote of Steven Redhead, the author of the book The Solution, “Don’t become a puppet to other people’s desires, live and create your life as you intend it to be.”


(Published in The Gulf Today on April 27, 2013)

3 comments:

  1. Hello! Your father, who I met today through work, told me about your blog - and so I stopped by to have a read. What a wonderful blog -keep up the good work! I have two sons - the eldest is 7, and I really hope that he can write as well as you in a few years' time :-) All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful topic....don't become a puppet!!!

    ReplyDelete