Saturday 15 February 2014

Hitting a century

Me cutting cake in celebration
  
Sachin Tendulkar is one of the world’s most fêted cricketers. He has made a century of centuries in his career. The entire cricket world celebrated the occasion. Everyone admires him for achieving such an unimaginable feat. But only a few would have realised the hard labour he has gone through and the devotion he paid throughout his career to scale this height.

I have realised it today. I have realised that it is easy to talk about centuries than going through the tough terrain to reach this summit.

I am talking about centuries today because after two years of writing regularly, I have hit the first century of my articles published in a newspaper.

Now as I have accomplished this feat, I am thrilled. It is a big surprise for me that I am writing my 100th article which, as I have experienced, is no easy job. I had never imagined that I would have come so far.

I thank The Gulf Today for providing me this platform on which I could showcase my talent to the world. Readers also had a big role in this.

Everyone was amazed when my first article “No Dessert in Desert” was published in December 2011. My friends, teachers and relatives encouraged me a lot. Their encouragement motivated me and it led me to my 100th article.

My parents had the main role in this. They were always by my side to encourage me and boost my confidence. They kept supporting me. My father was my guide. He steered me to this path and today I too feel proud of myself, just like others.

I wish that I continue writing like this so that I can make everyone proud. I wish to scale greater heights and bring laurels to my family and my country just like my idol Sachin Tendulkar.

(Published in The Gulf Today on February 15, 2014)

5 comments: