Friday 6 June 2014

Write path


Many people are fond of giving opinions on everything. On any social networking sites, be it WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter, people keep posting their opinions on something or the other. Even if we have a get-together and we are discussing about something, it is quite easy to find such people who jump in between and give their comments.

They would talk about each and every topic and give their remarks. But if you tell them to write on the same topic and post them on a blog or to send them for publication they would stop.

One of my cousins is a cricket enthusiast. He speaks as if he knows everything about the game. If India lose, he would say that he knows the reason behind it. And if India win, he would explain the finer details of the innings.

Once I asked him, “Why don’t you write on sports for your school magazine?”

“Oh! No, I can’t do it,” he said

Another cousin loves movies. He can talk about them for hours with so much interest that he would never get tired. He speaks with so much conviction that it gives the feeling as if he knows the reasons why a film flopped or why it was a hit with the film-lovers, or how many record the film has set.

When I suggested him to start a blog and share his opinion with others, he fell silent.

Recently, when I informed one of my friends in India about completing a century of articles, she started suggesting me a number of topics to write about.

When I told her it is difficult to remember all that she has suggested during the telephonic conversation and asked her to write a few lines and mail me, she kept mum.

I fail to understand why they shy away. Is it because of the responsibilities that come with writing?

(Published in The Gulf Today on February 22, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment