Friday 6 June 2014

Antidote to anger

I was just looking out of the window when my eyes fell on two men fighting over wrong parking. Suddenly, a school bus stopped by. A few cute children stepped out of the bus with smiles all over their faces.

The men couldn’t ignore and stopped for a while only to notice their beautiful smiles. They were so pleased that they soon forgot all about their fight and started smiling.

I then flashed back to the time when I had a similar experience. Every Friday a few women used to come to our building asking for money on one pretext or the other. We all were very irritated with them.

I always thought that they were so hale and hearty; they should work somewhere to earn their bread and butter.

One Friday I thought of giving them a piece of my mind.

That day I opened the door angrily only to find a surprise for me that changed my attitude. There was a sweet girl with a lovely smile on her face.

I was very pleased. Instead of giving her a piece of my mind, she gave peace to my angry mind.

(Published in The Gulf Today on March 8, 2014)

1 comment: