Monday 31 December 2012

Success tip

Recently my father brought a book Pax Indica. The book, written by Shashi Tharoor, is about “India and the world of the 21st century.” The book was also signed by him.

When I asked my father about Tharoor he said that Shashi Tharoor served 29 years with the UN as the under-secretary general.

Currently, he is India’s minister of state for human resource development and member of parliament, besides being a writer and author of repute.

He told me that Shashi Tharoor had written more than a dozen books and hundreds of articles.  But the thing that made me think  was how could a man who had such a busy schedule get time to write all these books and articles?

I searched on the Internet about him and saw an online chat where Shashi Tharoor had shared the mantra of becoming a good writer.

“For any would-be writer, the best prescription is: read a lot and write a lot! It’s the only way to learn the craft - by reading and seeing how others have done it and by trying it yourself the hard way....” he wrote.

He also suggested, “Read what you enjoy reading, write as it comes to you...”

About his writing, he said,”In general I write faster than anyone who writes better, and better than anyone who writes faster....”

I am sure these words would certainly inspire everyone who wants to become a good writer.

I also want to become famous like Shashi Tharoor and make my parents proud.

 I know it is a long way but I am practising from now for that success and I am sure that I will achieve my goal with my hard work.

(Published in The Gulf Today on Nov. 24, 2012) 

No comments:

Post a Comment