Monday 31 December 2012

Yes you can!

I have always heard from my parents and teachers that we all have positive and negative attitudes.

A positive attitude can guide us to success, while the negative will force us to join the army of failures.

I have read that if you carry a negative attitude and expect negative results then difficulties will definitely knock at your door at some point or the other..

But I had never experienced the impact of thinking on our behaviour so strongly until I met Sweety and Pinky in my school.

Sweety was always brimming with positive thoughts, while Pinky was always holding on to   negative attitude towards everything.

When our examinations were about to begin, Sweety said, “I will do better this year. I should always try to give my best, there are no reasons that I should fail,” and to my surprise she was a topper in her class.

But Pinky, who had a negative outlook, always would crib, “I can’t do this. I have done very bad last year, I am scared I might fail.” She actually failed.

The same thing happens at times with me. When I want to write some story or study for exams, I think I can’t do it or I can’t write a good story.

But then my parents encourage me with words like, “You can do it,” and then my positive energy boosts up and within a few minutes I come up with a good story.

I realise that to succeed we must inculcate a positive attitude.

Perhaps that’s the reason, someone said, “When you really want something, the whole universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”

 (Published in The Gulf Today on May 26, 2012)

4 comments:

  1. awesome.excellent blog..plz keep up the good work:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, when you say you can do it, you will do it. All the very best for your blog's ever-increasing popularity in the days ahead and for your success and happiness in life.

    ReplyDelete