Tuesday 31 December 2013

Be natural

Is it true that in the coming generations everything will be so advanced that a robot can go to the past or future, perform special tasks, solve problems just with the help of gadgets and act like Superman?

I was thinking about it after recently watching the cartoon series “Doraemon”. I was very surprised when it showed that Doraemon, a robotic cat from the future, helps a boy with all his problems and grants his request just with the gadgets present in his four-dimensional pocket.

After watching a few episodes of the cartoon series, I started pondering the possibilities in real life. Is it possible to do anything in real life just like the boy in the series was doing with the help of Doraemon?

He could change the weather whenever he wanted to with Doraemon’s help. If he and Doraemon wanted to go somewhere quickly, they could just get the “Go Anywhere Door.”

 As soon as they would open the door and step out, they would reach the destination. They could even fly and walk in air using the gadgets. They could do everything.

Recently in the school, my friends and I were discussing this cartoon. One of my friends shared, “If only I had Doraemon, I would ask him for a pencil which would start writing the correct answers as soon as I put it on the answer sheet. I don’t need to learn anything for exam.”

Another friend said, “If I had Doraemon I would ask for his gadget to make me invisible whenever I wanted. And then I could do whatever I wished.”

If we get such robots, it would be fun for everyone. But at the same time, I thought that if everyone had this, the world would be upside down. If one would do something, the other person might do the opposite.

Thus I have realised that we should be natural and use our capabilities to make the world a better place.

(Published in The Gulf Today on December 14, 2013)     

1 comment:

  1. a relative of mine loves Doraemon and wants it in real life...............

    ReplyDelete