Tuesday 10 December 2013

Precious thoughts

Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum’s latest book,  Flashes of Thought, is quite inspiring. It also teaches moral values and gives us information about future plans of the UAE government.

I was going through a chapter, “Time management” when I came through the line “Time is like a flowing river: you can never step in the same water twice.”

As soon as I finished the chapter, many incidents sprung to my mind that supported his views.

Once I visited a friend to discuss a project. But I was surprised when she asked me to join her in playing a video game. To my astonishment, she said, “What is the hurry?”

I returned home then, but remained tense as the next day was the submission day. I decided never to waste time again.

Again just before our half yearly exams, when our teacher was absent, many girls in my class made good use of the time by practising questions, others were just playing or chattering.

Recently on our way back home, a tyre of the school bus got punctured. Everyone started screaming except a few girls. I noticed, some of the girls took out their books and began completing their homework. They knew how to use their time well.

I admire visionary leader Sheikh Mohammed who also wrote in his book  Flashes of Thought,   “”Some see the year equivalent to 365 days. Well, I say that a year is equal to the days that you have invested in yourself. Manage your time, know your priorities, enjoy life and leave your mark, and most importantly never allow anyone to steal your time – for by doing that they would steal your life.”

(Published in The Gulf Today on November 30, 2013)   

1 comment:

  1. i ve read the book myself and was inspired a lot .....

    ReplyDelete