Sunday 6 July 2014

An Ode to Dad

Dear dad
Never be sad

Always keep smiling
If you wish to see me shining

I've so many times disappointed you
Plz forgive me because I love you

Father's Day today is,
Today I realise what a great boon my father is

I appreciate his patience as to tolerate me
How he selflessly spends on me

I don't deserve it yet he gives me the position
For my happiness, he has many times changed his decision

If you wish take my test
Yet I'll say my father is the best

He has a lot of tensions
Sometimes about home, sometimes about pensions

But the tension, he never shows
What's in his mind, no one knows

I never want to go far from him
In life, there is no fun without him

Father's Day is a special day,
Not like Sunday or Monday

To thank your father, today is the best day
This is Father's Day

 (Published in Time Out, weekly tabloid of The Gulf Today on July 3rd 2014)

1 comment: