Friday 27 November 2015

Scary souls

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

Halloween is the yearly celebration usually observed on Oct.31 in the West to remember the dead. 

However, it has now become a popular culture and is celebrated all over the world, albeit for a different reason. Usually people participate in Halloween celebrations as a way to have fun and teach children to explore their imagination.

Once on a Halloween, I came to know that one of my cousins was scared of ghosts. So her sister and I together planned to scare her. One night, we switched off the main power supply. Then we went to scare her. She was frightened a lot. 

After switching on the power supply, we went back to her. She narrated to us how two ghosts came and she got frightened. We had a hearty laugh together after revealing the truth.

But there are many superstitious people who believe that ghosts are real. A few days back, my cousin sister narrated an incident. She and her friend were watching horror movies on a hot and humid afternoon. They were alone in the house.

In the movie, it was shown that ghosts resided mostly in mirrors and that they didn’t have any reflections.

Just then the doorbell rang. My cousin went to open the door. Suddenly there was a scream and my cousin rushed back to see what had happened. The friend was frightened, as she couldn’t see her reflection in the mirror.

My cousin laughed and then explained that she couldn’t see her reflection due to the sunlight reflected in the mirror. After the windows were closed, her reflection was clear in the mirror.

I think it is foolish to believe in ghosts. I hope that along with time, this belief also changes.

(Published in The Gulf Today on October 31, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment