Thursday 15 October 2015

I love the rain

The best thing one can do when it is raining is to let it rain
“The best thing one can do when it is raining is to let it rain.” It was such a pleasant quote made by famous English author Henry Wadsworth Longfellow that it starts ringing in my ears as soon as I see dark clouds hovering in the sky.

I also love rains and I believe that most of the people in the world love it. I wish it would rain much in the UAE too, just like in India. In India, when it rains, it rains for hours. And I am very happy that this monsoon, I am in India.

Among all other seasons, I feel that rain is the most welcomed. As it comes after summer, it brings relief to many people across the country. Everyone is filled with joy. Even the old and the youth become cheerful. I often stand in the balcony to feel the great blessing bestowed upon us. 

I like to bathe in the cool shower that brings delight in the hearts of people across India. I love to support the tiny drops of rain on my hand. I enjoy making paper boats and sailing them in the turbulent ocean. But those unfaithful waves just turn them over and devour them inside their huge bodies. 

The best thing is to see those poor farmers who thank God for the gift He had given them and step out of their houses to see their farms full of dancing crops. It seems as if the crops are also welcoming the rain. Monsoon for agriculture is the same as food for human beings. It is so much effective that the Indian agriculture is said to be “Gamble of Monsoons.”

Sometimes when the rains don’t fall and the farmers are desperate, I feel pity on them. I wish I could command the rain so that whenever anyone was in real need of it, I could provide them. But nature is not in the hands of us, humans. We can only pray to God for it. Even then I wish I could do something about it.

(Published in The Gulf Today on July 4, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment