Thursday 15 October 2015

Something unusual



Many people are there, who just keep walking on the road without noticing anything.

Sometimes even if their relatives or friends turn up, they will just cross them without seeing them.

They wouldn’t even realise whether a person they just passed by was looking peculiar or not because they do not observe much.

I too thought it to be weird going on noticing people.

I thought it would not help in any way.

Thus I concluded it was useless.

But I had to change my thoughts after I viewed the special website or blog, Humans of New York (HONY).One of my close friends had suggested me to visit this website once.

When I asked the reason for visiting this particular blog, she kept mum.

It made me curious, when I visited the site, found the content quite surprising.

The blog was about different people either visiting or living in New York.

He had asked everyone the reason of visiting this great city and if they had a special experience in their life that can be shared.

The author of the blog is a photographer who roams around the city, meeting people whose photos are taken and put up on the site along with their stories.

It was interesting.

Whoever the author found unusual, he asked them about the reasons.

For example, a man featured on the website was laying bricks on the pavement by himself because he loved to do work with his own hands.

My friends and I were greatly inspired by it. Obviously, having more than eight million followers is not a piece of cake.

There must be something unusual about it.

And he found that new concept.

(Published in The Gulf Today on May 2, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment