Thursday 15 October 2015

Vacation plans

A Family Vacation
I guess the happiest period of a student’s life is the summer vacation. Like other students, I was also waiting impatiently for this day. Just as the bell rang to signify that the last period ended, our summer vacation began. And it meant no homework for at least two months.

We all have certain plans for summer vacations that are often discussed among friends at school. Someone might be going to tour Europe while the other might be opting for Australia.

Many have even decided to stay back in the UAE and kill summer at the beaches. But the rest like to visit their hometown back in India and listen to stories from their grandmothers. Few of the students even prefer to go for camping with friends.

Do the plans always work? I don’t think so. Last year before the summer vacations, few of my friends had shared their opinion of hangouts and late-night sleepovers. After the summer vacations when I asked them about it, they said that their arrangement was ruined by their parents who had different ideas.

One of my classmates was planning to go to America. She kept bragging about it every time she got a chance. I did not pay much attention. Later, on asking her, I came to know that she had to go to India to see her sick grandmother and her trip to America was cancelled along with her high hopes.

Many times, when I had to stay in the UAE during summer vacations, I made lots of plans with my friends. But I became confused whether to go for hangouts first or to go out shopping with my friends. I became so jumbled up that I had to end up studying later.

In fact, I have realised that vacation plans are like New Year resolutions, barely anybody makes an attempt to follow. 

(Published in The Gulf Today on June 27, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment