Thursday 28 August 2014

Bright side

Is your glass half empty or half full?

It was another difficult day for me as I was pondering over a topic for my weekly Short Take. When I couldn’t think of anything worth writing, I wished to skip one this week. Thus I forgot about it and went on with my other work.

Soon, I started the filing of old articles which I had forgotten to do for the last few weeks. While doing so I came across many of the articles that were most appreciated by readers.

I smiled seeing them. I realised that I should continue writing to reach the heights of success and should try not to skip one just because I can’t get a topic. 

After all, even Sachin Tendulkar had a bad patch in his illustrious career. 

The most successful captain of Indian cricket,  Mahendra Singh Dhoni, also lost a few important matches. 

And most recently, one of the most triumphant soccer teams, Brazil, also got out of the World Cup with a humiliating defeat.

After finishing the filing of my latest articles, I brought the file of my old articles out of the cupboard.

Soon there was a visitor. Without realising what I was going through, he commented, “You shouldn’t rest on your laurels.”

I wanted to reply that he was wrong. I was going through my old work, which had won me much praise and helped me get inspired and motivated to produce much better work than those.

It is rightly said, “The glass is never half empty but always half full.” Why do we need to see the negative side and not the positive side?

(Published in The Gulf Today on July 12, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment