Monday 16 March 2015

Convincing logic

Its so funny!!!!!!
During a recent visit to my uncle’s place, I was surprised to see him watching a TV serial meant for kids. I thought he must have stopped for a moment while switching between various news channels. But I was wrong, because he was watching it with great interest. I couldn’t withhold my curiosity any longer and asked him the reason for it.

On this, he replied, “Already there are so many tensions in the office and at home. Why should I increase my tension by watching TV serials that show family problems or movies full of violence or by going through various news channels that love to present violent protests, tense political situations and grim social matters from across the world?”

“Although there are people who get hooked to their television sets as soon as they arrive home and start watching whatever is being presented on the Idiot Box. I don’t like to be one of them. Instead, I love to watch these cartoon shows and kiddish serials that make me laugh and help me forget my problems and office-related tensions for some time,” he added.

I found his logic quite convincing.

Maybe because I too prefer to watch those kiddish cartoons and comic shows instead of watching those forceful movies that my friends like a lot. 

Though I frequently read fictional as well as non-fictional works of great authors, I also love to read books penned by Enid Blyton and comic books such as Tinkle during leisurely hours.

(Published in The Gulf Today on February 21, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment