Saturday 9 November 2013

‘Ctrl Z’ option

Life has become a race. Everyone, from a business tycoon to a labourer, is trying to earn more money to feed his growing needs. Students too are in the fast mode to earn maximum marks. Everyone is competing with each other so much that they don’t even get to enjoy the precious moments of life fully.

I often wish that we would have the Ctrl+Z option in real life too, so that we can go to the past and enjoy as much as we wish.

A few days ago, I discussed my wish with my friends and to my surprise they all agreed with me.

One of them shared her thoughts. “If I had Ctrl+Z option in real life, I would have gone back to the time I had visited The Atlantis. I had a lot of fun at the Water Park and the Lost Chambers. I would also like to roam like a queen in the whole magnificent palace. I would stay in the hotel as long as I like,” she said.

Another friend said, “If I had the option, I would have gone back to the summer vacations last year when I had visited India. I would have enjoyed the time spent with my adoring grandparents, my caring uncles and aunts and my loving cousins. I would have enjoyed a lot.”

Now that our class is shuffled, I would also like to go back to the time when I was together with my classmates and had fun.

Our discussion went on till the bell rang for the next period. Even after returning from school, I kept thinking about the same.

But I realised it soon that life has no Ctrl+Z option. I wish everyone realised this and learn to enjoy the moment we live in as much as we can. If we do so, we would never wish to have the Ctrl+Z option.

(Published in The Gulf Today on June 15, 2013)

1 comment: