Saturday 9 November 2013

Good old diary




With the advancement of technology, the good old diary is losing its charm, despite the fact that a personal diary used to be a wonderful companion.

You can express all your feelings to a diary. It is a friend that will never let you down. It won’t tell anybody anything that you said to it, unless you  allow it to. I believe that when you write in a diary, you feel that you are talking to it and it is talking to you. If you love it, you will feel it. You will even feel the fascinating scent of paper.

I have my personal diary. A beautiful diary in which I write everything that comes to my mind and my heart. I feel light after that.

Also I write diaries so that I can remember all the important incidents I come across when I grow up. My diary includes my experiences, thoughts, feelings and also my opinion on current events. My diary is full of secrets, hopes and dreams.

Nowadays blogs are used instead of diaries. People say blog is an electronic diary. But I don’t agree, as there are  lots of differences between the two. The most important difference is that a diary can remain personal, but blogs will always be public.

Very often I have to think when I wish to write something for my blog, because I know it is public and I need to be cautious while writing for it. I don’t feel blog is as friendly as a diary.

With the arrival of iPad and other handheld gadgets, it is easier to carry your blog anywhere anytime just like a diary. But nothing can replace a good and friendly diary, not even a best friend. It is because even best friends would by mistake someday split your experiences, thoughts, feeling, secrets, hopes and dreams, but the diary will never. 
 
(Published in The Gulf Today on June 22, 2013)

1 comment:

  1. i have written diaries since a kid and today i laugh seeing it............

    ReplyDelete