Saturday 9 November 2013

Thrill of a lifetime


For me, it was hard to believe when I was first told that an aircraft can take off and land as well on water. How can a plane take off or land on water, I asked myself.

However, I was thrilled to know that it was possible. This unique aircraft is called seaplane, and it has been recently introduced in Sharjah for sightseeing.

I started flying on cloud nine the moment I got the offer to have a ride in it.

I was told to go to the picturesque Al Majaz Waterfront in Sharjah to board the plane. When I reached the station, there were eight more passengers waiting eagerly to experience their maiden adventure on this plane.

My heart started bouncing when I saw the plane landing on the still waters of the Khalid Lagoon. I entered the plane and grabbed my seat that had a wide window to have a clear view of the city.

The view from the top was very beautiful and interesting. All the landmark buildings appeared quite different. The skyscrapers looked as if they were pencils. It was all so interesting that for me those few minutes had turned into the best hours of my life.

I am sure this new aerial sightseeing excursion across Sharjah will only offer tourists a whole new view of the emirate.

(Published in The Gulf Today on October 19, 2013)   

1 comment: