Saturday 9 November 2013

Warmth of relationship

For the past three years, we have been visiting India during the winter season. So when my parents planned this year’s visit during the summer season, I was not comfortable. I was afraid of the scorching heat over there, away from the comfort we enjoy in the UAE.

The most hectic season of this tropical country, summer scorches almost all the parts of India with boiling heat. Hot winds and blazing sun are the two most inseparable parts of Indian summer.

I was so reluctant to go that my parents had to cajole me with one promise or the other.

I had no choice. I obeyed and accompanied them on the journey. Even after landing at the New Delhi airport, I was not happy. I was just thinking of the heat wave outside the airport. But there was a miraculous surprise awaiting  me. As soon as I got out of the airport, I saw my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins standing there with a warm heart waiting for me. I could not believe my eyes at first. I thought it was all a dream.

I realised the love and care everyone had for me. As the days passed, everyone’s love grew stronger and thus I did not feel a bit that it was summer.

I realised that the warmth of relationship had overpowered the heat wave of India. I have learnt that weather should not affect our relations. Our relationship should be fresh and loving, not cold, irrespective of hot and cold weather.

(Published in The Gulf Today on July 13, 2013) 

1 comment: