Saturday 9 November 2013

Nature’s beauty

Nature is a magnificent phenomenon. It is a wonderful feeling when you are close to nature and observe its beauty. I realised this during my recent visit to India.

My ancestral house is surrounded by plants with  beautiful flowers and trees of different kinds and colours. There are plants of red roses, yellow roses, pink roses, jasmine, lily, papaya plant and guava trees, besides many others.

During my stay, I did nothing but adore those plants. Sometimes, I talked to them and praised them imagining that they too understood me. I felt that they were answering all the questions I was asking them.

Sometimes it would rain and I would rush out to enjoy nature’s shower. The shower refreshed me. I was always filled with joy when it rained. And when I saw the flowers, their petals were looking prettier than ever with the raindrops, having a smile on them. I felt that even they enjoy the rain.

I liked the birds chirping and the peaceful and refreshing breeze.

Whenever I went near the plants, I felt as if they were trying to tell me something. Those plants inspired me every time I went close to them. I felt like they were telling me to be good to everyone and face every hardship that comes in your way to become as important as nature’s bounties for the mankind.

I suddenly remembered the famous quote, “The earth has music for those who listen.”

(Published in The Gulf Today on October 5, 2013)   

No comments:

Post a Comment